We are hiring
Junior Correspondent m/f/d (100%) in Berlin
Can you spot the story, connect the dots, and help produce the global journalism that the energy transition and the fight against the climate crisis need?
Foundation-funded and non-profit, we at Clean Energy Wire CLEW want to make a difference with top-quality journalism on the energy transition and climate policy in Germany and beyond. Since our start in 2014, we have provided journalists and other energy and climate professionals from across the globe with facts, context and contacts to cover one of the defining stories of our time. Some 3,000 journalists and energy transition experts have subscribed to at least one of our newsletters. More than 200 journalists from all continents have signed up to our CLEW Journalism Network and hundreds more are affiliated through joint events, cooperation and partner networks
Now a rare opportunity has arisen for a talented journalist or energy transition expert with promising journalistic skills and a strong affinity for 21st century journalism to support our team as
Junior Correspondent m/f/d (100%) in Berlin (1. Oct 2020 – 31. December 2021)
You help us cover the most important energy transition and climate policy news from Germany and beyond. You write daily news articles, keep our expert database and our introductory Easy Guide up-to-date, produce detailed factsheets on key energy transition stories, and engage our growing Twitter followership with an informative feed.
You collaborate with members of our CLEW Network in their journalistic work and help other international journalists with research, facts and contacts for their reporting.
Main duties include:
- Selecting and writing news stories for the daily newsletter
- Meticulous research of details and facts for factsheets, analysis and the expert database
- Turning data into telling charts and graphs
- Populating our Twitter feed with material and links relevant to journalists covering the energy transition
- Regular support of CLEW Network members and other journalists in their daily work
- At least two years of experience in journalism or energy transition-related policy field
- Proven journalistic writing and research skills in a time-pressured environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to actively communicate across a wide political and cultural spectrum
- A proven ability to work actively with social media and other community-building tools
- Ability to work with data, charts and graphs a big plus
- Professional English is essential as is a solid grasp of German
- Valid permission to work and live in Germany
- The opportunity to gain credentials as an expert journalist on one of the defining stories of our time
- The chance to help shape the future of energy transition and climate journalism
- Room to develop and implement new ideas and innovative forms of journalism
- The opportunity to work with and learning from highly-motivated, highly-professional journalists and media pros in Berlin
- The option to work from home should Covid-19 regulation prohibit a return to normal office use
Please upload a cover letter including your salary expectations for this entry level position and earliest starting date, CV including your social media contacts, and other relevant material here. Promising candidates will be invited to provide a pitch for an energy transition story including a social media release plan. Deadline for applications is 16. August. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sven Egenter at 00491718347176
Find the PDF to share this job ad here.