The Institute for Employment Research (Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung – IAB) in Nuremberg is the research institute of the Federal Employment Agency. Its research focuses on the areas of labour market policy, regional and international labour markets, macroeconomic labour market research, enterprises and employment, life chances and social inequality as well as methods and data access for external scientists.
In terms of sustainability and clean energy the IAB deals with the following issues:
- Labor market effects of the energy transition
- Employment growth in the environmental sector
- Qualification requirements in the 'greening economy'
- Definition and statistical measurement of green jobs
- Employment impacts of environmental/climate policies.