We are hiring: Journalism Programme Manager
Can you create the programmes that make journalists fit to cover the solutions to the climate crisis? Foundation-funded and non-profit, we at Clean Energy Wire CLEW want to make a difference by boosting top-quality journalism on the energy transition and climate policy. Since our start in 2014, we have provided thousands of journalists with facts, context and contacts to cover the defining stories of our time. Our newsletters reach some 4,500 subscribers. We have organised on- and off-line briefings, workshops and events, and our onsite research tours have taken hundreds of journalists to the places where the transition happens. Nearly 300 journalists from all continents have signed up to our CLEW Journalism Network and hundreds more are affiliated through joint events, cooperation and partner networks. We are strengthening our role as the go-to guide to the energy transition in Europe and are looking, with immediate effect, for a committed colleague with a clear idea what journalists need for their coverage to join in the role of:
Journalism Programme Manager m/f/d (80-100%) in Berlin
You will develop and organise workshops, briefings and research tours in close cooperation with our expert journalists and the network manager to help journalists report better on the solution stories to climate change. You will collaborate with external partners, recruit speakers and contributors, and set up programmes on Germany, the European Union’s Green Deal and other climate policy and solution stories. You will help to develop new formats to train and inform journalists, as well as to facilitate new ways to collaborate.
Main work streams include:
- Designing, planning and organising events, on- and off-line briefings, workshops and research tours
- Managing collaborations with existing partner organisations and securing new cooperation partners
- Working with the team and management to create new formats and win additional funding
- Substantial relevant experience in journalism, journalism training, or related communication fields
- Professional experience in working in international networks and with a global perspective
- Good grasp of the issues related to climate change and the energy transition
- Proven ability to work and to communicate actively with a wide range of international partners
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work as a self-starter with a hands-on attitude
- Professional English is essential, as are good communication abilities in German
- Work permit for Germany or European Union
- A unique opportunity to take a leading role in creating effective trainings and formats for knowledge transfer
- The chance to shape the future of energy transition and climate journalism
- Room to develop and implement new ideas and innovative formats
- The satisfaction of working in a team of highly-motivated, highly-professional journalists and media pros in Berlin
- A two-year contract with a competitive non-profit sector salary
Please send a cover letter showcasing your ideas for formats and your relevant skills. Include your salary expectations and earliest starting date, CV with your Social Media contacts, and upload it as ONE pdf here.
EXTENDED: Deadline for applications is 25 January. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +491718347176.
Find the PDF to share this job ad here.